Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Brooke Shields and lobster fra diavolo

This past Sunday was a 10.

1. I met Brooke Shields and bonded with her at a kid's birthday party in New York City. She was beautiful, magnetic, unassuming, lovely. We talked about the guilt of working a lot and not spending more time with our kids. I forgot to tell her that we were born two weeks apart.

2. My spot-on, amazing, charming, gets-me-like-noone-ever-has boyfriend told me that standing next to Brooke I was just as pretty.

3. We drove out of the city to the world-famous Arthur Avenue in the Bronx (my first time), got a great window table at Umberto's with our three adorable boys, donned plastic bibs and dove into an order of lobster fra diavolo, washed down with glasses of chianti. Our kids were behaving remarkably well, the sun was shining, the sauce was killer spicy and good and got all over me, and we made out in the middle of the restaurant like we were the only people in the world.

I have some tough stuff going on in my life right now, so days like that are incredibly welcome and healing and give me the strength to face the rest.

No comments: