Friday, March 9, 2007

And we're off.

So now I blog, therefore I am. The reason for my blog's title ....

I am, at the moment, completely mesmerized by and obsesssed with Anna Nalick's song, "Breathe." Specifically, these lyrics:

You can't jump the tracks,
we're like cars on a cable, and
life's like an hourglass glued to the table.
No one can press the rewind button, girls,
so cradle your head in your hands ....

and breathe.
Just breathe.


More on that later. (It is just an awesome song, really, go listen.) But the thing about the word breathe, too, is that I'm really into this yoga I've been taking since August at a studio called Saraswati's (say suh-RAH-swuhteez) .... and of course breathing is what's it's all about -- one way or another, you have to breathe and it's the breathing that helps and makes everything work. Breath and breathing can be metaphors for everything that matters, too, and for life itself, so .... right?

More on all of that later. I have to get back to work. So, cheers, welcome to my blog. I can't believe I have a blog.
--L

No comments: